Americans are drawn to the open road. There’s something within us that makes us yearn for that freedom. It’s an adrenaline rush to pack up just a few essentials and head off with your loved ones on a great adventure. Whether you plan for months in advance or wake up that morning ready for a spontaneous road trip, it is a thrill.
There are several ways to have a successful road trip. It really depends on your preference for modern conveniences. Some of us head out on the road to get away from all of the technology and day-to-day amenities, while others find it hard to be relaxed without a few comforts from home.
A trailer or motorhome rental is great way to get away experience the outdoors without the commitment of buying. There is such a wide range of RVs available, and they come fully equipped with every convenience you can think of, or with just a few things to make your trip a little easier.
The different RVs available include Class A motor homes, Class C motor homes, travel trailers, 5th wheel trailers, and tent campers. Take a look at a brief description at each of these to help you decide which one is right for you and your family:
- Class A motor homes are the large, bus-type vehicles that you have probably seen on the road at some point. They are convenient because your living accommodations and your means of transportation are all in one vehicle. When looking to rent a Class A motor home, keep in mind that although they offer more space, they are little more difficult to than class C motor homes.
- Class C motor homes are similar to a class A motor home, except they are usually a bit smaller and have a part that extends over the cab of the truck. This area is usually just tall enough for a cozy place to sleep.
- Travel trailers are the type that you pull behind your own vehicle, or a rented vehicle. Most states do not permit passengers in the trailer while it is being towed. However, there are many other great advantages to this type of trailer. For one, you have the choice to unhook your trailer from you vehicle and park it wherever it is lawful to do so. Another great thing about travel trailers is they come in all sizes and with any combination of amenities you desire.
- 5th Wheel trailers are very similar to travel trailers, but they have a different hook-up to the bed of a truck to give you a smaller turning radius. They also tend to be a bit lighter.
- Tent Campers or pop-up campers are significantly smaller than the above-mentioned options and they fold out once you have arrived at your destination.
At American Dreams Vacations, we have all of these types of RVs available to rent and are here to help you decide if you have more questions about which one is right for you.